Women' diet plan
• 1 1/4 cups bran flakes cereal topped with 1/2 banana, sliced
• 1 cup fat-free soy milk
Top 3 to 4 cups baby spinach leaves with 1 hard-cooked egg, chopped; , crumbled; 5 mushrooms, thinly sliced; 1/3 cup croutons; 1/4 cup crumbled soy cheese; 3 slices red onion. Toss ingredients together, then drizzle with a flavored vinegar, such as red wine, balsamic or seasoned rice vinegar.
Savory Asian Patty:
Mix 1 pound ground turkey breast with 8-ounce canned water chestnuts, diced; 2 garlic cloves, minced; 4 green onions, thinly sliced; 1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce; 4 teaspoons soy sauce. Shape mixture into 4 patties. Freeze 3 for later use. In nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray, cook patty over medium heat until thoroughly cooked throughout. Serve with a side dish of 3/4 cup cooked rice tossed with 1 teaspoon soy sauce, 1 teaspoon seasoned rice vinegar, and 1/2 teaspoon Asian sesame oil.
• 2 cups broccoli florets, steamed
• 1 cup berries
• One split, toasted Ezekle muffin sprinkled with 1/4 cup shredded cheese (any type). Broil until cheese melts.
• 1/2 grapefruit sprinkled with 1 teaspoon brown sugar
• Spread 1 slice raisin bread with 1 1/2 tablespoons peanut butter. Top with 1/2 banana, sliced. Drizzle with 1 teaspoon honey and cover with another slice of raisin bread.
Spicy Chicken Olé:
On a 12-inch-long sheet of heavy-duty aluminum foil, center a 5-ounce skinless, boneless chicken breast. Top with 3/4 cup canned corn with peppers, 1/4 cup salsa, and 1 tablespoon fresh cilantro (optional). Fold foil into a packet. Bake on cookie sheet at 450 degrees F about 18 minutes.
On lettuce leaves, arrange 1 tangerine, peeled and divided into segments; 1/4 ripe avocado, thinly sliced; 1 slice red onion. Sprinkle with 1 teaspoon lemon juice and 1/2 teaspoon olive oil.
• Cook 1/2 cup oats with 1 cup fat-free milk. Stir in 2 tablespoons apple butter, 1 tablespoon raisins, and pinch of cinnamon.
• Cut whole wheat pita in half. Spread 3 tablespoons hummus in each pocket. Stuff with tomato and cucumber slices and baby spinach leaves. Sprinkle stuffing with a flavored vinegar.
• 1 kiwi
Sweet Honey Pork:
Cut 1 pound pork tenderloin into 8 slices. Pound slices into 1/4-inch-thick medallions. Freeze 6 medallions. Coat nonstick skillet with cooking spray. Cook 2 medallions over medium heat until lightly browned. Add 1/4 cup orange juice, 2 teaspoons honey, and 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard. Continue cooking pork until tender, about 3 minutes.
• Apricot Couscous: In 1-quart saucepan, heat 1/3 cup chicken broth; 2 dried apricots, cut into thin strips; and 1/4 teaspoon grated orange rind until boiling. Remove from heat; stir in 1/4 cup couscous. Cover and let sit 5 minutes. Serve with 1 cup steamed green beans.
• French Toast: Dip 2 slices raisin bread in a mixture of 1 egg and 1 tablespoon fat-free milk. In nonstick skillet melt 1 teaspoon butter. Fry coated bread until golden, turning once. Spread with 1 tablespoon jam.
• Top 3 to 4 cups salad greens with 1/2 cup water-packed white tuna, drained; 1 small tomato, cut into wedges; 2 green onions, sliced. Drizzle with a mixture of 1 teaspoon olive oil and 1 tablespoon flavored vinegar.
• 1/2 whole wheat pita
• 6 ounces calcium-fortified orange juice
• Savory Stir-Fry: In nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray, lightly brown 3 ounces beef strips over medium-high heat. Add 1 1/2 cups frozen stir-fry vegetables and 1 tablespoon bottled stir-fry sauce. Cover and cook over low heat until the vegetables are tender-crisp. Drizzle with 1/2 teaspoon Asian sesame oil. Serve over 3/4 cup cooked rice.
Beat 1 egg with 2 tablespoons grated cheese. Add dash of cayenne pepper sauce. Cook in nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray. Place over warm 6-inch flour tortilla, top with 1/4 cup salsa, fold tortilla around filling.
• Spread 1 tablespoon light mayonnaise on 2 slices rye bread. Layer 2 ounces thinly sliced extra-lean ham, 1 ounce sliced cheese, 4 dill pickle slices, 1 jarred roasted red pepper, 1 onion slice, and lettuce leaves between bread.
• 1/2 grapefruit
Chili-Rubbed Spicy Salmon:
Coat 5-ounce salmon fillet with a mixture of 1 teaspoon chili powder, 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin, 1/4 teaspoon red pepper, and 1/8 teaspoon salt. Spray with cooking spray. In nonstick skillet over medium heat, cook until opaque, turning once. Serve with 2/3 cup refrigerated mashed potatoes and 12 roasted asparagus spears sprinkled with lemon juice.
• 1/4 cantaloupe wedge
• Smoothie: In blender, combine 1 cup fat-free soy milk; 1 frozen peeled banana, sliced; and 1 tablespoon almond butter.
Sweet Chicken with Grapes:
In nonstick skillet with 1 teaspoon olive oil, cook 5 ounces boneless, skinless chicken breast; 1 tablespoon minced shallots; 1/4 teaspoon thyme; 1/4 teaspoon salt; and a dash of pepper until chicken is browned on both sides and loses pink color throughout. Place chicken on plate. Add 3/4 cup halved seedless grapes and 1/4 cup white wine to skillet; boil 1 minute. Pour over chicken.
• Serve with 3/4 cup cooked brown rice.
• 1/2 cantaloupe
spread with 1 tablespoon apple butter
• Top 1 large baked potato with, 3 tablespoons diced avocado, and 1/4 cup salsa.
• 8 baby carrots
Savory Veggie Burger:
In nonstick skillet, add 1 teaspoon olive oil, 1 thinly sliced medium onion, salt, black pepper, and dried rosemary to taste. Cook until onion is tender and golden, stirring occasionally. Pan-grill one veggie burger. Mix 1 tablespoon light mayonnaise with 1/2 teaspoon Dijon mustard; spread inside whole wheat pita, halved. Cut burger in half and tuck into pita pockets along with baby spinach leaves and caramelized onion.
• 1 cup berries
Snacks That Satisfy All Cravings
Sweet, spicy, or savory? These tasty 100-calorie snacks hit the spot. Eat one a day, anytime.
• 1 chocolate sorbet bar
t 4 meringue cookies
• 2 fig bars
• 1 cup mango chunks
• 4 cups jerk-flavor popcorn (spray light popcorn with butter-flavor cooking spray, toss, sprinkle with jerk seasoning to taste, and toss again)
• 3 California roll pieces with soy sauce and wasabi
• 10 baked corn chips with salsa
• 1-inch cube of soy Monterey Jack cheese with jalapeño peppers
• 12 mini barbecue-flavor rice cakes
• 10 raw almonds
• 1/4 cup hummus with celery sticks