. Beautiful Skin – One of the first signs of Vitamin/Mineral deficiency, dehydration or a lack of healthy fats is skin problems. Avoiding foods you are allergic or sensitive to and getting complete nutrition will help you eliminate acne, eczema, hives and other skin problems.
2. Boost Your Immune System - Remember the outrage when it came out that we were sending soldiers into battle ;without the right kind of body armor? Well if you aren't getting the vitamins, nutrients and minerals you need then your immune system will not have to equipment necessary to defend you from infections from fungus, bacteria or virus.
3. Keep Those Bowels Moving - People don't become constipated because they have a laxative deficiency. It is usually because they are dehydrated, not getting enough fiber from fruits and vegetables and aren't getting the vitamins and nutrients they need.
4. Energize! - So many people are tired these days. Even the ones who are getting plenty of sleep. Good nutrition is vital for providing us with the energy we need to handle a job, school, family recreation or whatever you need to do. Unfortunately, the foods that make up the bulk of our Standard American Diet (SAD) are mostly foods that will drain us of energy like sugar and refined grains.
5. Brain Power – You don't need to have ADD/ADHD to suffer from some brain drain. All of us have times when we aren't sharp mentally. Good nutrition improves our ability to focus and concentrate. For example getting all your B vitamins can help keep you mentally sharp.
6. Beat Cancer By Avoiding Cancer - We focus a lot on curing cancer when the truth is that it is much easier to avoid it. There are many cancers (breast, colon, etc.) out there that can be avoided in some cases by simply modifying our diets.
7. Age More Gracefully – Oxidative stress ages our organs, skin and tissues. This is essentially the same process that metal undergoes when it rusts. Antioxidants, Vitamins, Minerals and not eating junk can slow the effect of aging keeping us beautiful, active and healthy for longer.
8. Speedy Recovery – If you are an athlete then you know that every workout takes time to recover from. Getting the right amino acids, vitamins and minerals can shorten the recovery time between workouts letting you get more done.
9. Get rid of gas - If you ever feel gassy or bloated it is because of what you are eating and the health of your GI tract. Avoiding foods that lead to upset stomach will help but it is more important to fix bacterial overgrowth in your intestines. Nutritional approaches are the best treatment for these problems.
10. Sleep Easy – Many people who have trouble with insomnia aren't getting enough of the right minerals such as magnesium or the right amino acids such as tryptophan. When it comes to getting a good night's sleep when you eat can be just as important as what you eat.